We are continuing a period of growth and development as we aim to increase our social impact across the North West region and our influence both nationally and internationally. As part of our plans we are seeking new Trustees with skills in a variety of areas. Our Board of Trustees currently includes preeminent figures from cardiology, local authority finance, human resources, Directors of Public Health, the charity sector and medical law.
In addition we would like to make our charity more diverse to reflect the communities we serve and are hoping to add the following personnel and disciplines to our already experienced Board of Trustees:
- Business leaders: We are seeking individuals who have a strong set of business skills. You will have high level experience in at least one of: business planning, diversification, operations, commissioning, performance metrics and social business models.
- PR, Marketing and Communications: As an individual with a background in PR, Marketing or Communications you would be able to bring your skills to bear in honing the public image and campaigns of the Health Equalities Group.
- Finance: As an individual with strong financial planning and/or accounting skills your help would be essential in ensuring that Health Equalities Group develops and succeeds in the coming years, with direct input to our finance committee.
- Fundraising: As part of our strategy for the future we are hoping to bolster our fundraising effort. You will have experience in fundraising, the creation of funding strategies, measuring impact and social value and garnering sponsorship and corporate support.
- Legal: We are particularly keen to secure a new trustee from a legal background who would be able to support the charity in navigating legal issues relating to HR issues and organisational change, but also intellectual property law.
What can we offer you?
In return for a commitment of attending four trustees meetings per year and occasional sub-committee meetings, you will be part of an ambitious, growing organisation that is delivering public benefit through our research, programmes, campaigns, lobbying and advocacy. You will be joining and supporting an organisation that is recognised at European-level for our work on tackling health inequalities. You will also be able to act as an ‘Ambassador’ for the group at events and ceremonies throughout the year.
We will also, where possible, offer you professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be included in the press and publicity of our work.
Please note that as we are a registered charity we are unable to pay Trustees. Reasonable expenses will however be reimbursed.
If you are interested in applying for a trustee position with Health Equalities Group, please send your CV and a one page letter illustrating why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience are aligned to the areas of expertise we require, and how you will add overall value to the Board. We will be interviewing for new trustees in mid-February, so please respond to us by Monday 6th February at the latest.
Please send CV and letter of application to: Alexandra.Holt@hegroup.org.uk
For any initial enquiries please contact HEG Chair, Julia Purvis, on 0151 702 5554 or mail at: Julia.Purvis@pss.org.uk