EDI training is essential for creating an equitable and inclusive workplace.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) training help to build awareness of implicit biases and other barriers to diversity, equity, and inclusion. It can also provide employees with the tools necessary to identify and address such issues.
Furthermore, it helps to create a meaningful connection between EDI initiatives and the company’s mission, purpose, and values to ensure EDI is aligned and embedded. This connection is vital to create a lasting impact beyond just a few quarters. EDI training is an invaluable intervention, and creates a space to learn, and understand the impact of non inclusive behaviours and language and importantly, action plan for change.
Join Ayo Barley (she/her), MD and Senior EDI Practitioner at Bakare Barley Ltd, Non Executive Director at Social Value UK, and Independent Advisor to Citizens Advice for a free introductory taster to the key principles of EDI in the workplace.
On the agenda:
- Get to grips with the business case for EDI, key terminology, and the difference between E, D &I.
- Explore the key legislation
- Reflect on where you are in your own path to improving EDI
- Examples of Positive Action
- Be inspired to take action and influence others
Who is the event for?
- People across all sectors with an interest in advancing EDI
- Team Leaders
- L&D and HR professionals
- EDI champions
- EDI allies
- Marketing and Communications professionals
- Social media managers
- Network chairs/leads
- Committee chairs