Are you looking for a flexible job that could work around your life? Who knows where this role could lead to, Arriva have an excellent Career Developmental Pathway that could take you on a new career journey!
About this event
Come and speak to Arriva staff who’ll be letting you know all about the roles and answering any questions you have.
***Interviews & Job offers on the day***
Timings – There will be 3 sessions taking place during the day
- Session one – 10am – 12.00pm
- Session two – 12pm – 2pm
- Session three – 2pm – 4pm
Details about the Vacancy – Rail Replacement Coordinator
Arriva UK Trains is part of the Arriva Group, which is owned by Deutsche Bahn. Arriva is a leading pan-European public transport operator with 54,500 employees and operations in 14 European countries. Arriva runs a range of transport services including buses, trains, coaches, waterbuses and airport-related transport services, and bus and coach distribution.
We are looking to recruit to expand our team of highly passionate, customer focussed and engaging people who can facilitate the process of running a smooth and safe rail replacement operation. You will work from a variety of key train stations, providing support to road transport operators and information to our passengers to ensure the operation runs exactly as planned.
- Ultimate flexibility – pick and choose when you work, where you work
- Travel – You will have the ability to travel to different parts of the region/country depending on operational needs
- Competitive salary and range of other benefits and allowances
- Great opportunity to progress your career in a fast paced, forward thinking and innovative organisation
- Paid holiday accrual
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to Arriva’s employee assistance programme
- General management of the pre-planned and emergency road transport and overseeing the replacement rail service for our customers
- Ensure drivers and vehicles meet our required standard
- Ensure journeys arrive and depart on time
- Ensure connections with appropriate train services
- Attempt to ensure that passengers are on the right vehicles
- Adjust the replacement service to take into account any changes in circumstances (i.e. Delays to train services, traffic delays, roadworks, accidents etc.)
- Assist with any failures in the delivery of the operation with the support of our Control team with the appropriate and sensible use of standby vehicles. Adjustment of the service, where appropriate, to assist in maintaining high levels of punctuality.
- Ensure a smooth train – bus – train transition process for our passengers
- Provide information and assistance to passengers, where required
- Help maintain a safe transfer and pick up/set down area for the customers
- Undertake passenger counts
- Communicate all problems likely to affect passengers to the relevant TOC control centre and work with the control staff to overcome any problems.
- Act as the key point of contact with station staff in relation to the replacement service
- Record all service incidents, escalating where appropriate, and providing thorough feedback within 48 hours to the Coordination Team after your shift
Hours/Wage – £10p/h and Zero Hour Contract
What to bring – On the day, if possible can you bring a CV and a form of ID.
Who are TLC? – Transform Lives Company are a social enterprise and have a proven track record of changing people’s lives, helping them achieving their goals while improving their wellbeing. We will be there on to day to offer you any help and extra support you need, to prepare you for any interviews.
If you have any questions please drop us an email at Teamtlc@transform-lives.org