Book your place on this training webinar to learn more about the basics of search engine optimisation (SEO) for small businesses.
Most small businesses are approached regularly by companies offering to help you appear higher in Google’s search results. Often they present SEO as a highly complex, technical process that requires a great deal of specialist knowledge, but in fact there are simple steps you can take to significantly improve the search ranking of your site yourself. Even if you decide not to do the work yourself, it’s useful to have an understanding of how SEO works when you’re dealing with SEO companies.
Sign up for this webinar and in just one hour we’ll give you an overview of how Google determines the rankings for sites and how you can use that understanding to improve the search performance of your own site.
What you will learn on this webinar
- How Google search works and what Google looks for when deciding how to rank the pages on your website
- Why your content needs to have quality, relevance and context and the importance of understanding what your customers are searching for
- An overview of technical SEO
- Why it’s important that your site runs quickly
- The critical role of mobile friendliness
- Checking your site for broken links
- Running on HTTPS rather than HTTP
- The benefit of a strong network of internal links on your site
- Why it’s important to update your site regularly
- On page SEO
- Understanding how search engines read the pages on your site
- Creating content that search engines will understand
- What is ‘thin content’ and why should you avoid it?
- Optimising your images for Google
- Encouraging people to click through from Google search to your site
- What are meta titles and meta descriptions and why do they matter?
- Using the Yoast SEO plugin to edit meta titles and meta descriptions
Who should book onto this webinar?
This webinar is aimed at any small business or organisation that wants to better understand how Google Search works and what simple steps they can take themselves to improve the performance of their site on Google.
We work with WordPress so we’ll be using WordPress examples during this webinar but the bulk of the content will be equally relevant to any other website platform so you certainly don’t need to have a WordPress site in order to benefit from attending this webinar.
Places on this webinar are limited so book now to secure yours.