This course is designed for in-house HR managers as well as business owners or managers who deal with day-to-day personnel issues.
By Charles Millett, Morecrofts Solicitors
Registration and Breakfast: 9.00am to 9.15
Part One 9.15 – 10.05: How to plan and implement redundancies
Sadly, the economic outlook is one in which there is a real risk that employers across many sectors will have to deal with the dilemma of whether to make redundancies in 2023 and beyond. In this session, we will discuss:
– When does a redundancy occur?
– How do you assess the likely cost of making redundancies?
– When can a restructure be a redundancy?
– When does collective consultation apply?
– How to select employees for redundancy
– How to carry out consultation with individuals
– Should employers offer voluntary redundancy first?
– What happens if an employer gets it wrong?
Part Two 10.10 – 11.00: 12 Ways To Ruin The 12 Days – When Employment Law Dampens the Christmas Spirit!
Here we look at 12 different ways in which the best laid festive plans can be affected by employment related problems.
Whether it is the risk of staff complaining of harassment by colleagues at the Christmas party, the dilemma of when to tell employees that there is a risk they could be made redundant, or even staff complaining that they have not received the Christmas bonus they were expecting, it is not always plain sailing for employers in the lead up to Christmas.
We will consider how employers can minimise these risks and how best to address any problems that arise.
£70 + VAT – general administration rate
Chamber members can claim FREE ticket using code: CHAMBERS01
FREE For Morecrofts’ employment and HR clients on an annual fixed fee retainer