From our conversations with members and the results of our Quarterly Economic Survey, we know that skills challenges are of great concern to businesses in the Liverpool City Region
In this session we will be discussing the economic challenges facing businesses, with a particular focus on skills issues and how we can work collaboratively to alleviate those issues. We will also be examining how The journey to Net Zero presents us with additional challenges, as we look to create green jobs for a Net Zero future.
We will be joined by British Chamber’s Head of Economic and Trade Policy, Suren Thiru, who will look at the results of the latest BCC Quarterly Economic Survey, the largest private sector independent business survey of its kind in the UK. The QES examines a wide range of issues including home and export sales and orders, employment and recruitment, cash flow, confidence and price pressures.
The briefing will be moderated by Alistair Houghton, Editor of Business Live. Alistair will be joined by a panel of local business leaders and partners of the Chamber:
- Alison Stuart, Agent for the North West, Bank of England
- Christine Vaudrey, Group Director Strategy and Communications, Torus
- Rob Tabb, Employment and Skills, LCR Combined Authority
- Suren Thiru, Head of Economics, British Chambers of Commerce
- Professor Gerald Pillay, Vice Chancellor, Liverpool Hope University