Within the next 12 months, HMRC will be replacing the current Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system with the new Customs Declaration Service (CDS) to support the submission of export and import customs clearances.
From 30th September 2022, import clearances will only be able to be submitted via CDS and as of 31st March 2023 CDS will replace CHIEF for exports.
In this workshop, we will provide an overview of how CDS works and the main differences with the current system that you should be aware of:
- Introduction to the new CDS
- Completion rules for CDS
- What do you need to do to be ready for CDS?
- Overview of the Data Elements which will replace the CHIEF ‘boxes’
- Details of the changes across each data element
- Where to go for help and support
- Payment Terms
Please note payment must be made in full before the course.