How it works
The Department for International Trade’s Export Academy will help you grow your business and reach new markets.
Completely free, you’ll learn directly from experts in international trade. They’re on hand to provide support across a range of sectors and businesses, from selling children’s clothes to Spain, to providing PR services for clients in the US.
The programme is designed for owners and senior managers of businesses looking to grow internationally and located in the Midlands, North, South West, or East of England. If that sounds like you, get in touch.
Finish the programme with your own export action plan, so you’re ready to take your business direct to international customers. Your plan will be the culmination of everything you’ve learnt on the programme, from ‘bitesize’ online events, including:
1. Understanding benefits of and barriers to export
2. Steps to export
3. International market research
4. Pricing strategy and route to market
5. Customs, export controls, and trade deals
6. Selling services overseas
7. International commercial (INCO) terms
8. Creating an Export Action Plan
9. Customs, VAT, and rules of origin
10. Movement of money