Funded LJMU Internships with the aim of connecting a student to a project with an employer for 140 hours, enabling the student to discover their unique skills, talents and future prospects whilst employers discover the value of engaging an intern in their company.
Expressions of interest are now open for start dates in the first quarter of 2022 on an in-situ (based physically at the company address), virtual (home-based), or blended (a mix of in-situ and home-based working pattern) basis. Places are limited therefore expressions of interest are based on a first come basis and the project offered. Businesses and organisations that participated in our 2020/21 internships programme are welcome to reapply although we are especially keen to support partners who are yet to benefit. Expressions of interest close on Fri 26th Nov at 1pm.
LJMU has a long history of supporting local employers. We have promoted graduate retention in the Liverpool City Region for over 20 years and we know that students and graduates are an important part of the labour market. We currently have two exciting projects –Discovery Internships and LJMU Graduate Futures Internships.
We are delighted to invite your organisation to take part as a host for a part time in-situ, remote, or blended (remote and in-situ) Internship.
When we receive your expression of interest, we will ensure your company is connected to the right project. We are looking for companies that can offer meaningful projects for students to undertake. Internships are 140 hours in duration and we will have start dates available in 2022. In return, LJMU will cover the full cost of the wages of the student. We ask that all hours worked by student are confirmed by the host. Depending on the project you are connected to, this process is managed by our in-house agency Unitemps or by LJMU.
So, if you can offer:
- A supportive environment to learn about the workplace
- An opportunity to get involved in, or lead, a short project with tangible results
- A safe space to develop their confidence
Project eligibility criteria:
- Will add value to the organisation and skills of the student
- Hours not used to cover the role of another employee
- Hours not used to take away the role of another employee
Organisation eligibility criteria:
- Less than 250 employees
- Not owned by LJMU staff Based in the Liverpool City Region (surrounding areas will also be considered e.g. Warrington)
- Businesses and organisations that participated in our 2020/21 internships programme are welcome to reapply although we are especially keen to support partners who are yet to benefit.