Providing grants to support local businesses who have innovative solutions to adapt and grow.
The High Growth Innovation Fund is part of the LCR High Growth Programme that is part funded by ERDF and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority and delivered by Growth Platform – Liverpool City Region Growth Company.
The fund will provide £2.24million of grants from £25k – £75k to businesses that can demonstrate a commercial market impact within six months.
Please make sure you read all supporting information before starting your expression of interest.
Who’s it for?
- SMEs headquartered (or with principal operations) in Liverpool City Region
- Actively operating as at 1 Jan 2022
- Must have 50% match funding
- Demonstratable impact within 6 months of grant award
- Not exceeded €200,000 (approx. £180,000) in state aid over 3 years (current fiscal year and the two previous fiscal years)
- Initial installment paid at contract stage and final payment on project completion and claim
Grants cannot be used for
- Working capital and other ordinary course business purposes
- Operating directly or indirectly in the tobacco industry
- Production of products used solely in the defence industry
- Operating in the gambling or adult entertainment industries
- Any activities with impact on religious movements
- Any illegal activity
- Salaries (unless all ERDF requirements are satisfied)
- Asset leases
- Any activities with an adverse impact on human or animal rights
Projects should align with the City Region strategic priority areas
- Open Health Innovation
- Sustainable Industrial Future
- Global Cultural Capital
- Zero Carbon Economy
- Tech for Good
- 6-20 May 2022 – EOI application window
- Early June 2022 – successful EOI applicants invited to next stage of application
- End June 2022 – Full application closes
- Early September – Funding awarded
View supporting documents and express your interest here