E-Sign, the UK supplier of electronic signatures and document automation technology, has been awarded this year’s Digital Revolution Award for Digital Transformation Project of the Year 2023.
The award recognises E-Sign’s digitisation of NHS prescriptions using their secure document management technology for the National Clinical Homecare Association (NCHA).
The strategic goal of the project was to have a universal and scalable solution that addressed all of the issues relating to paper-based prescription transport in clinical homecare settings.
The headline results for the project were:
• Reduced prescription process time from two days to two hours (80% reduction)
• Reduced 9,172kg of C02 over 12 months
• Saved £95,324.44 annually from kWh reduction (based on mailing)
• Saved the paper equivalent of 510 trees
• Improved the audit log and reduction in delays due to multiple staff being assigned to prescriptions in case of absence
Thomas Taylor, Managing Director of E-Sign says
“It is an honour to be recognised for our commitment to driving digital transformation and helping businesses streamline their operations through our innovative e-signature solutions.”
E-Sign was joint winner alongside Cognizant, a NASDAQ-listed American multinational, whose winning entry was for their digital transformation project for Network Rail.