One Knowsley continues to boost community spirit, health and well-being in the borough – with more FREE events planned to celebrate its residents throughout the final fortnight of July!
One Knowsley, the infrastructure body for the third sector in Knowsley, has worked tirelessly in the borough throughout the pandemic, with the company putting on more events in July to boost community spirit, health, well-being and employment throughout areas including Prescot, Halewood and Kirkby.
Working in partnership with Knowsley Council, One Knowsley has worked within communities to promote vaccine uptake and address inequality across the borough, but also to provide training and education for some of the Liverpool City Region’s most poorly resourced areas.
Having recruited over 100 Community Champions throughout 2022, One Knowsley has announced its full programme of events for the upcoming weeks, with many involving the local groups it already works with, including Evolving Mindset, Beautiful New Beginnings, 12 Million Minds and YARS, with volunteers continuing to provide clear and accessible information regarding the importance and benefits of vaccination to our communities.
Racheal Jones, chief executive, One Knowsley, said:
“Our programme has directly addressed the issues that are being faced within our communities, and through the fantastic work carried out by our Community Champions, we have empowered many to work towards a brighter future, both physically and mentally.
“The events that have been put on on a daily and weekly basis have already helped change the lives of many, and with many more in the diary for the rest of July, I look forward to seeing more smiles on faces in the borough, with One Knowsley, Knowsley Council and our volunteers continuing to go above and beyond for our local communities.”
All of the upcoming One Knowsley FREE community events are as follows…
• KCC Live – July 18
• A flashmob at Kirkby Town Centre hosted by Kirkby Happy Hours – July 18
• Rebound will be holding five classes a week encapsulating yoga, dance and health up until July 31
• 12 Million Minds will be continuing to hold their mindfulness and coffee mornings every Tuesday
• Apollo Sports Group will be hosting sports classes for a wide range of disabilities and ages every Thursday
• Starting Over Ent will continue with their Mental Health walks
• Knowsley Food Bank is operational and handing out all the local information as usual regarding the programme, after feeding over 1,300 people in June
• Centre 63 will continue to hold their weekly sessions of the Social Supermarket until July 27 (every Wednesday from 10am – 2pm)
• YES Project running until July 27 – Tuesday & Wednesday afternoon Youth Club
• YES Project Employability Programme until 28th July (Thursday)
To become a Community Vaccine Champion, email email@example.com – a voluntary role, Champions will have all travel expenses reimbursed when carrying out One Knowsley work.