Digital Skills for the Workplace provides flexible hands-on courses of up to 16 weeks in duration, which are part of the government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs.
Skills bootcamps aim to help participants to find jobs in the growing digital and tech sector and help employers to fill digital skills gaps at a local level. The programme is funded by the Department for Education and developed locally by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, working with local employers.
The training is open to adults aged 19+, either in work, looking for work or returning to the workforce. The courses are intended to be as inclusive as possible, to increase diversity within the digital and tech sector.
Liverpool City Region Combined Authority will offer the following Bootcamps:
- Skills Bootcamp in Full Stack Web Development
- Skills Bootcamp in Digital Marketing
- Skills Bootcamp in Cyber Security
- Skills Bootcamp in Digital Design
- Skills Bootcamp in AutoCAD
- Skills Bootcamp in Software Developer/Engineer
- Skills Bootcamp in Infrastructure Technician
- Living in the Liverpool City Region (Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral)
- Have been registered unemployed for less than 12 months, or looking to return to work after some time out (parental leave, caring responsibilities, illness)
- Employed Part Time looking to re-skill or change career
- Employed Full Time needing digital skills to significantly change your role with your current employer (we would require your employer to register)
- Have a workplace in the Liverpool City Region
Require digital skills training to re-skill existing staff and significantly develop their role
Are looking to recruit new talent to fill digital skills gaps
We are currently accepting registrations of interest from individuals and employers.
To find out more and register interest, visit: https://www.liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk/digital-skills-for-the-workplace/