Our #GrowMySME programme is funded by the European Regional Development Fund, and combines insightful workshops with the expertise of our colleagues and membership base to help you grow your business.
We’re working across the business community to deliver the Business Growth Programme via a series of workshops. They cover a range of topics tailored to meet the needs of your business, as well as advice, support and matched mentoring activity.
How it works
Join us for an initial discussion to understand your needs. From marketing to HR support, support with accounts or tips on selling your products at home or abroad, our expert mentors can help. Once we understand what you need, you’ll be matched with an expert mentor whose experience matches your required support.
We provide a bespoke programme of events, covering everything needed to grow your business. For example:
- Compliance (HR, insurance, legal issues)
- Promoting your business (PR, social media, networking)
- Business planning and growth (accounting, budgeting, tax)
- Access to finance (funding and investment, business finance and administration)
- International trade (requirements, considerations and international contacts)
- Responsible business (ESG requirements, social and community impact, environmental considerations)
To qualify for the support, SMEs must be:
- Headquartered in Liverpool City Region
- Have fewer than 250 employees
- Have not received assistance from the ERDF BGP project via other providers, or no more than £170,980 public funding in the last three years.
Ready to start your growth journey?
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll receive ongoing advice and support across our network, to help further growth through events and networking opportunities. If you’re interested in the programme and would like to find out more, get in touch.
Laura Evans, Managing Director of Glass Ceilings:
“I would recommend the Business Growth Programme to anyone looking to grow their business in the Liverpool City Region. An hour each day was filled with really interesting and useful talks, covering everything I needed to start taking my small business to the next level.
It was also helpful to hear from other founders and owners who had grown their own businesses by following the advice given on the programme, especially in a challenging climate where networking opportunities are reduced. Thanks to Jordan for pulling together such an engaging and helpful programme.”
Kevin Byrne, Business Development Manager:
“I really enjoyed the Business Growth Program seminars and the advice given by some very interesting industry professionals.
I look forward to hopefully building these new relationships further during 2022 and to implementing the advice and tips offered.”
Philip Robinson, Pentone Family Limited
“The ‘Promoting Your Business’ event was perfect timing for us, as we look forward to working with the reopening and recovering hospitality sector. The Chamber have been very proactive in bringing together their community of businesses and this can only benefit the city region as well as wider British economy.”
“Connections are vital to revitalising our hard hit local and national tourism and hospitality sectors (which pre-Covid was worth £5bn annually to Liverpool City region) so we were delighted to join the Grow Your SME programme and hear fresh insights from marketing and social media gurus, essential stuff as we aim to meet the need for both healthier alcoholic beverages alongside exciting new brands as people come through the Covid storm into the new norm!”
“Sometimes business leaders can become so busy running the business that promoting it doesn’t take centre stage, so the Promote Your Business event was a timely and well considered event from the Chamber, reminding us that promotion should be front and centre, whilst encouraging conversation and collaborations between similar growth mindset SMEs, the backbone and future of our economy and recovery.”
Vital topics to aid business growth include;
- #GrowMyWorkforce: This webinar will provide insights into current legal considerations around maintaining and growing a high performing workforce, along with an overview of effective ways to maximise the current financial support available to recruit dynamic new team members.
- #GrowMyProfile: Delegates will receive a masterclass in effective ways to grow the profile of their business, covering aspects such as effective use of social media, developing a website and accessing positive PR.
- #GrowMyIncome: Access to finance is vital for the growth of any business, and this session will explore the range of options available to help your business to develop, alongside insights into ensuring that the business is investment ready.
- #GrowResponsibly: It has never been more important for businesses to act responsibly, with a competitive advantage available to those who do, and potential fines awaiting those who do not. This workshop will provide practical tips to boost your knowledge of the environmental, social and governance requirements placed upon businesses, and how responsible businesses can thrive in 2022.