Who Is This Course Designed For?
Supervisors and trades personnel, including trainees such as, but not limited to; demolition workers, construction workers, general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, fire and burglar alarm installers, computer installers, architects, building surveyors, shop fitters and other such professionals.
What is covered?
- Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and where appropriate, items of plant
Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding;
- Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work
- What to do if suspicious materials are found
- How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos
- Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others.
- Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation.
- Procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements.
What Do I Do Next?
If you would like a course exclusively run for your employees at your business premises, we would be happy to arrange this for you. Prices for a closed course are available on application.
Please call 01777 861861 or email our training department at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further or book a place on one of our open courses.
Discount available to Chamber members, please contact us for more for more information.
Refresher training recommended every 3 years.
The 1/2 day course runs on;
- 28th February
- 14th June
- 10th October