We are delighted to announced plans for a unique awards event to take place this year, Liverpool Chamber’s ‘Innovation in Business Awards’
The Innovation in Business Awards will be held on Thursday 18 November at the new Innside by Melia hotel in Liverpool city centre and a ‘Green Room’ experience will also allow guest businesses to share the experience live with their wider teams at a separate venue.
The ‘Green Room’ element of the occasion will be held at Dwntwn in nearby Harrington Street and all guests from both venues will be invited to its larger, adjacent venue Alibi for an aftershow party, with complimentary guest travel from the main awards event and welcome drinks receptions at all venues.
Two special prizes will also be presented on behalf of the Merseyside Independent Business (MIB) Awards, organised by Morecrofts Solicitors, which have not been able to take place in 2020 or 2021. One MIB Award will be presented to a firm with more than 30 employees and another will be awarded to a firm with fewer than 30.
Among others, there will also be special awards in the categories of Local Hero, Chairman’s Award and overall Business of the Year. The winners of each prize will then be put forward as Liverpool Chamber’s nominees for the national Chamber Business Awards.
- To reflect the unique nature of this year’s business landscape, Liverpool Chamber’s Awards for 2021 will celebrate the innovation which has driven the recovery of so many businesses with the “Liverpool Chamber Innovation in Business Awards”
- Our ceremony itself will be a celebration of innovation, combining a traditional awards ceremony in a brand new City Centre venue with an innovative remote “Green Room” opportunity, allowing all members of a business’ team to socialise with colleagues, network and support their organisation
- Within each category we will award a traditional award to an outstanding business in the field, alongside a supplementary special award for an innovator, who has recognised the challenges posed by the unprecedented situation we have found ourselves in, and has worked to turn this to the advantage of their business, team and wider community.
The categories are:
- Responsible Business – Sponsored by Bruntwood Works
- Environmental & Climate – Sponsored by Clean Growth UK within Liverpool John Moores University
- Skills & Employability
- Young Person
- Local Hero
- Chairman’s Award (No nominations, awarded on the evening)
- Business of the Year (No nominations, awarded on the evening)
- Morecrofts Independent Business of the Year Award (1-30 employees and 30+ employees)
View the full criteria here
Any organisation or individual wishing to make a nomination for the awards should fill out the nomination form and return to AnnualDinnerAwards@liverpoolchamber.org.uk.
A final shortlist of candidates will be put to a public vote which will account for 50% of the final decision alongside an independent judging panel.
To download the nomination form click here.
Pricing to attend
Tickets will go on sale to finalists from Wednesday 4 August and are priced at £100 + VAT (members) £125 + VAT (non members) for those attending our Awards Ceremony at Innside Melia Liverpool, and £20 + VAT (members) £30 + VAT (non members) for those attending our Green Room event at DWNTWN.
Clatterbridge Cancer Charity and Everton in the Community are the Chamber’s official charity partners, and there will be fundraising activities on behalf of both charities during the evening.
We also have sponsorship opportunities available which carry with them a range of features and benefits before, during and after the event, so for further information please email email@example.com
Start time & location address
- The Awards Ceremony at Melia Liverpool (616c Old Hall St, Liverpool L3 9LQ) will commence with a drinks reception from 7pm.
- Our Green Room event at DWNTWN (11-17 Harrington St, Liverpool L2 9QA) will commence with a drinks reception from 8pm.
- Our Aftershow Party at Alibi Liverpool (25 Harrington St, Liverpool L2 9QA) will commence from around 11pm, with complimentary travel provided to all Awards Ceremony guests.
- Nominations open: 07/07/2021
- Nominations close: 30/07/2021
- Finalists announced: 04/08/2021
- Voting open: 04/08/2021-03/09/2021
- Tickets on sale to finalists only: 04/08/2021-27/08/2021
- Tickets on general sale: 30/08/2021
- Judging panel meet: w/c 06/09/2021
- Finalists drinks reception: October TBC 2021
- Event: 18/11/2021
- Winners Lunch: January TBC 2022